Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A brief update...

Two things....

1.) I have a job! I left Kirksville last Thursday, and had two interviews lined up that afternoon. I thought they both went well, but I liked one of the schools a great deal more than that other one, for a number of reasons. The principal there said that he was going to call me back either that night or the next morning, but I imagined it would probably be much later...like, this week sometime. However, as Bibi and I were discussing that fact, my cell phone rang, and it was that very principal asking if I would like to take a fifth grade position at his school next year. (I said I would like that very much.)

2.) We had to rewire our phone jacks b/c they were a) old and busted, and b) just old. With my father-in-law's help and guidance we rewired the lines in the bedroom and the kitchen. And, after having him explain what I should do in the office, I rewired and connected the jack there. And, that, my faithful readers, is why I am now able to post this! Whoo hoo!

3.) Bibi and I are expecting our newborn any freakin' day now....

stay tuned for frequent-ish updates.

Tommy

12 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Oh HELL ya!!! I am so happy for you and the job! Go you!!!! We (Gina, Stacy and I) were just talking today and wondering if you had heard anything or not....and now I know!! I am so happy for you! You better update ASAP after the baby comes!!

And not to change the subject to me or anything....but summer school starts tomorrrow, and this is all I have to say: Pray. For. Me.

Check ya later, Me :-)

Rebecca said...

That is terrific! YEAH YOU!

And what's with the "frequent ish" updates? Ummm, I'm having none of that! We want to know how you guys are doing and when this much anticipated baby is going to make their appearance!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah dude. I can't wait to meet Tommy Jr.

-tfg

JNo said...

PRAY FOR ME WITH SUMMER SCHOOL TOO - too crazy to print here. Email me @school account and I'll update you via that. Good luck with the new Estlund! Ecstatic to hear about the job!

MplsMom said...

Tom - Congrats on the job and good luck with the baby!!
Claire

JNo said...

You were "replaced" by Cheree B from my building! Email me for more details - don't know where to reach you via email right now. Hoping Bibi is feeling well and keeping the THREE of you in my thoughts & prayers!

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

aaron said...

Congrats on the job and the newborn!

Jen said...

Tommy said that I could write here that he and Bibi have a newborn baby girl!

Her name is Grace Khalsa (forgive spelling errors). She was 7 lb I forgot the ounces! and 20 1/2 inches long!

She was born earlier this week-- don't know the exact date. She was born via C-section, and then had to spend some time in a NICU as her blood sugar was low.

Bibi was supposed to be released today, and they had no reason to believe, on Thursday, that they wouldn't get to bring Grace home with them today too.

Tommy said about his daughter: "She is perfect."

Unknown said...

Oh, Congratulations! If you have any questions about c-section recovery please let me know - I've had 2! I love the name!

Rebecca said...

Welcome Grace! Congratulations Mom & Dad!

Ü Rebecca

Courtney said...

Holy crap, post some freakin' pictures already! Don't be a bad daddy :P