Thursday, July 26, 2007

Daddy moments...

Today Bibi was giving Grace a bath. I was in the bathroom, handing things to Bibi (soap, towel, etc.) trying not to get in the way, and I had a moment where I just stared at Grace...she was lying there in the tub, being held by Bibi and she just had this look on her face of sheer and utter contentment. She was making some silly faces, too, and kicking her legs everyonce in awhile, but mainly she was motionless just glancing between Bibi and I.

I couldn't help it...I teared up. She is the most precious and beautiful thing I've ever seen. Oh, man. It was awesome.

I stopped by my new classroom yesterday. It's huge (at least, it looked huge to me) and it has tile floors and....wait for it....windows!!! Two things: I've always been saddened by my last school's lack of windows in the classrooms. I thought it was a shame that the kids didn't have that chance to stare out the window and enjoy seeing the sky, the weather, the animals, etc. I remember very fondly every once in a while looking out the window at Arthur Elementary in good old SeeTheRabbits.

Oh, and I love classrooms with tile floors. Can't stand carpet in a classroom. Muffles the sound, and I have a hard enough time with out that to struggle against. So. There ya go.

Anyway, that's all I got right now....

God bless, and thanks for stopping by...

Tommy

1 comment:

Nichole Conner said...

Oooh, love the Grace story, what a great amount of love you have for her, I can really tell!!!! Good for you!!!

As for your new classroom, man, YOU SUCK!!! hehe I want windows SOOO bad, and now with my new room, I won't be able to see outside like I used to from the front of my old room....wahhhhhh.

Okay, I'm better now, good for you!!! I can't wait to get back to school and get stuff done in my new room. Good to read this update on stuff in your life!

Nichole :-)