Sunday, December 02, 2007

...it's beginning to look....

a lot like Christmas!

Bibi, Grace, and I had an unbelievably productive--and busy!!--weekend. We got started Friday by hanging out with my sister, which was a lot of fun.

Saturday we got a kind of a late start, but ended up getting almost all of our Christmas shopping done, including a wreath project that Bibi has undertaken (it's a gorgeous "peace wreath", and it's awesome) and our new family Christmas tree. Which, is a bit big. Actually, it's HUGE. We had no idea how tall 7 and a half feet tall is, but I'm now aware that 7 1/2 feet is actually 19 feet. Did you know that? I didn't.

Anyway, last night, when we were done shopping, we watched "Knocked Up" which was great. The last scene was SO damn true. I seriously drove home at 12 miles an hour. Good times.

Then, last night, Bibi cut my hair. And, while cutting my hair, we found out I have ringworm. On my damn head.

What the hell?!

Anyway, so this morning I got up and went to do some grocery shopping, pick up the tree we had purchased yesterday, (which wouldn't fit in the car with Bibi, Grace, and me) and get a hair cut at the barber shop to fix what Bibi had done. (She did really well, but she's never cut hair before, so it needed a little "finishing.") This afternoon we watched "Sicko" (which was FANTASTIC--we're moving to either Canada, Britain, or France, by the way) and then we got going with the Christmas.


We made some hot cocoa, got out a plate of cookies, and put on my Christmas music. We lit a bunch of candles. We then put together the 19 foot tree, the lights, the decorations, and my Nativity Scene.

It now looks--and smells!-- like Christmas.

Welcome, I say.

How are you all getting ready for the season?

Thanks for stopping by!

Tommy

3 comments:

JNo said...

Okay, as far as Noblamopopoo (or whatever) looking at your history, you blogged about double your normal rate for the last 3 months, so not a total wash. (It's all about the spin). Got to make cookies to get ready for Christmas, put Harry Connick Jr. Christmas cd in the player and start sorting lights, ornaments, and garland. We get the kids a new ornament every year - either at a craft show or store. We were given a beautiful red book with our name embossed on the cover to journal about the holidays - the only one I've managed to keep up with. It's fun to go back and look at pictures of us over the last 12 years, plus kids!

JNo said...

What's a Peace Wreath? Sounds cool - I wanna see one. 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice resulted in 2 snow days. Random power-outages, but back to "normal" after hearing about a dude threatening to shoot tires out on a school bus and then "picking off the kids" as they got off the bus. He's now in Federal Custody. To say it was a strange week would be AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

JNo said...

What's a Peace Wreath? Sounds cool - I wanna see one. 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice resulted in 2 snow days. Random power-outages, but back to "normal" after hearing about a dude threatening to shoot tires out on a school bus and then "picking off the kids" as they got off the bus. He's now in Federal Custody. To say it was a strange week would be AN UNDERSTATEMENT!