Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A quick recap...

So, dear readers, I apologize for the hiatus. Things are afoot, as they say.

So, just a couple of thoughts....

I recently read a great mystery by a Minnesota author, Jimmy Olsen. It's called, "Things in Ditches." I don't want to give too much away, but WOW. Great book....the whole time I found that I was rooting for both the murderer, and the cop trying to knab him. The last three chapters? Blew. Me. Away.

I'm know reading the second book in the Aaron Tucker mystery series. The first book is called, "For Whom the Minivan Rolls," and I'm now reading, "A Farewell to Legs". Good stuff. The main character is a freelance writer who inadvertantly becomes a detective. Imagine, Dave Barry meets Columbo. The best part of the book, after Tucker's great sense of humor, is his family. (His wife is amazing, and the way they communicate is fantastic; and, his son has Asperger's Syndrome....it's a neat thing to see that as a natural part of the story.)

All right. And, as promised, I wanted to let you all know my thoughts on the issue of same-sex classes. (If you haven't read the article....well, you should.)

There have been quite a few studies that show that putting boys in a class full of boys, and girls in a class with all girls, can be very beneficial. Most of the studies are anecdotal, but the results are very interesting. (Great things are happening in some inner-city schools.)

Well, Lost is on shortly, so I think I'm out of here.

Have a great night....and, well, I"ll talk to you all later!

Tommy

No comments: