Tuesday, May 30, 2006

HOLY TUESDAY BATMAN!!!!

Hey ya'll! Well, since I've arrived in KC, we've just had an amazing time. We had lunch with my mom, stepdad, and one of my sisters, and that was awesome. Great time relaxing, and my sister has a wonderful house, and it was just really nice and relaxing. Hung out with Bibi's family, and that was great, too. Good times abound.

Sunday night we hung out with friends, and that was nice. Yesterday, we got together around noon, and made our itinerary for the wedding, which was good. Every little thing we do that needs to be done before the wedding, seems like a symbolic huge step towards actually getting married, and I get more excited with each step!! I've had a perpetual grin/smile on my face since we got here. (And, even more importantly, I've had what an old friend used to call, a "soul grin" on the whole time. MAN I"M EXCITED!!!)

We also were able to line up someone to play the song that we really wanted to have played at the wedding, and that looks like it's going to go really well.

Oh, and along the excitement lines...
BACK STORY: Junior Year of high school, a Sunday in the spring, after church: I was absolutely stoked about joining the peace corps. IN FACT, I called them and asked about the possibility of joining before college. Realized, that wasn't going to happen. (They aren't that needy, they can actual limit volunteers to college grads (for the most part.))

FLASH FORWARD TO 16 MONTHS AGO: Bibi and I discussed how we had both kinda wanted to do the peace corps at one time. Conversation fizzles.

FLASH TO A MONTH AGO: Bibi and I realize that we want to wait to have kids for a couple of years, we are going to be in Kirksville until next year, but after that, well, the whole world is open to us. Why not? Why NOT?! Heck, let's go for it!! C'mon, when will there be a better time for us? So, yesterday we spent a bunch of time online researching and we're absolutly psyched about the whole thing. And, there is a conference in July about the Peace Corps in St. Louis, and we're planning on going. WHOO HOO!!!

All right...more later!

Thanks for reading...
Tommy

No comments: