Friday, June 23, 2006

The wedding day...

All right ya'll....here's the deal.

The day of the wedding...Bibi and I werent' allowed to see each other....(which WAS pretty cool) and I felt pretty good all day. There were no nerves....well, there were nerves, but never doubt. It was a very peaceful nervous....is that possible?

After the tuxedo mishegoss, (which will be detailed later)all my guys and I went to the site for pictures, which were really fun.

All of my guys and I went to a great little bar after pictures while Bibi and her girls had her pictures. When we left, it was raining...(we were supposed to have the ceremony outside)...and we got back to the site. It was still raining. We were all set up inside the barn, which was great...the congregation was positioned so that their view was of the rolling hills just outside the barn. It was beautiful. I greeted some guests, and found out that our CD player had been left outside...the CD that we had made was trapped in the now broken CD player. My friend, Brendan, who was there to play one song, thankfully agreed to play some music before the ceremony and while the wedding party came down the aisle. (Which was fantastic!)

As the wedding party started coming down the aisle, I realized that this was actually it....the moment I had been waiting for for almost a year....

I surveyed the guests and savored it all as I took it all in. It was so touching, having everyone there....it was beautiful.

Then, I lost it. Bibi and her father came out from the back hall...she looked....amazing....her hair, was perfect, the veil, her dress....she looked absolutely amazing....

She came towards me, slowly looking around at everyone, and then we locked eyes, and smiled. we clasped hands, and her eyes twinkled. Our officiant welcomed everyone (which was great, thanks to Bibi's mom) and the ceremony began.

We had our friends, Brad and Jeff, share a few thoughts on committment. Then our friend Jen, the minister's wife, spoke about marriage.

Our friend Brendan, (mentioned above) and Bibi's sister sang a beautiful song, entitled "Eternal Love" (no...not the Bengal's version). While the song was being played, Bibi and I gazed into each other's eyes, and sang the song to each other.

We shared our vows, (written by ourselves) and then exchanged rings. After, we were announced, for the first time, as "Mr. and Mrs. Estlund".

And, we kissed. (c;

That's enough for now. More later...
Thanks for reading...

tommy

1 comment:

JNo said...

Beautiful commentary - totally can tell from the pictures too. By the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Can't remember if it's today (monday) or Wednesday - but either way - have a good one!!!