Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So, I thought I might actually provide some details for ya'll.

Bibi is due June 19th. We're not finding out the sex until she gives birth, and we heard the heartbeat for the first time on November 30th, and it was the MOST amazing thing I've ever heard in my entire life. It was amazing....oh, I get chills still thinking about it. (c;

Bibi is beginning to show and she looks BEAUTIFUL.

In other news, we're going to Kansas City for an appointment with our midwife this weekend. We're going to have an at-home delivery, and our midwife is in Kansas City. (We're hoping to move just before the school year finishes up, so that we can have our new bundle of joy in KC.)

I'm not going to lie....it's frightening....it's scary and nerve-wracking. And, it's the most amazing thing I've ever thought about...and I can't wait. (c;

That's all. Oh, have you seen the commerical where the family is sitting around the dinner table and the dad asks if the two kids have picked "their five"? The teenaged daughter lists five of her friends, and the son, who is slightly younger says, "oh that's interesting...I picked those same five girls. Your friends are HOT." The daughter looks at her parents and says, "are you going to do anything about this?!" And, they dad's response is the GREATEST line in a commercial EVER:

"Maybe you should have uglier friends."


Cracks me up EVERY time I see it. Bibi, too.

Good times, good times.

All right, my New Year's Resolution is to be a good father.

What's yours?

Tommy

3 comments:

Mr. Maxwell said...

Aww, that means I don't get to finish the school year out with you? Leave AFTER I graduate...and keep in touch you bastard. I'm pumped for Thursday, needless to say.

My new years resolution..hmm. Aside from the usual "be a better man, get in even better shape" bullshit, I'd argue I'm going to indulge my inner Don Quixote a tad more.

Unknown said...

My New Year's Resolution is to try my hardest not to puke every time you sound like a damn girl.

Nice going there, Rita.

Unknown said...

Dude...con-grat-u-lations!

Fatherhood is the best.

Brandon
www.mynameisbrandon.com