Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Night Lights

Hello, faithful readers.

I feel like I need to explain my absence in the "blogosphere". It's not that I don't have things that I want to write about--I do; nor is it that I am tired of blogging--I'm not. Honestly, September 11th was really hard this year. I don't know what it is...but I found myself wanting to write something profound...something meaningful...something the clearly expressed what I was thinking....but I just didn't think I could do it. At least, not like Sarah, Jim, Rachel, and all of my other friends who summed up what this sad but important occassion meant. So...I'm just going to leave it that it was hard. It probably always will be.

Work has been challenging. Complexities exist in all vocations, as does a certain amount of negativity. I've just felt this week like there is a substantial increase in the level of bad vibes around the place, and it's really disheartening. It's sad really. I can't go any more into specifics, but if you're interested, you can ask when you see me next.

Bibi has been amazing, through all of this. She's been a wonderful companion and shoulder; a great partner, altogether. I feel very blessed and fortunate. (I think that's kind of the point of marriage....being and having a partner, but still....makes one feel quite content in the midst of anything else that is going on knowing that I can count on her, and that she can count on me. It's good....you know?)

I"m reading a book now on the history of the human race. (I know, pretty broad topic, eh?) It's interesting...I've never read much on Greek history, Chinese history, or...well, European history in general. So, I'm enjoying that. Leo is biting my foot right now, so I should go play with him. Oh, I guess I could update you all on Leo. He is getting bigger before our eyes, and Bibi and I walk him at least twice a day. (Starting Monday it might be three times a day.) He's really cute thought, and he's really smart.

In case anyone doesn't know...November is National Novel Writing Month. There is a website dedicated to encouraging people to write 50,000 words in the month of November. (Ideally, all on the same topic--it is NOVEL writing month, not disjointed anecdote writing month!)

I've got an idea, and I"m looking forward to participating this month.

So...here's my question. It's a bit random, but I'm curious. Which do you think has changed the course of history more: The Physical Sciences, or the Social Sciences? Discuss.

No, seriously.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tommy

1 comment:

girlski said...

really great question, tommy!

hmm... i would say physical sciences. i think that physical sciences create the changes in social sciences, therefore physical sciences have changed history more.

i would go into details...but i don't want my comment to be longer than your blog post!