Monday, December 18, 2006

We need a little Christmas....now....

We're still alive here in Kirksville!

It's been a while since my last post, and I wanted to let everyone know what has been going on.

First of all, Time's Person of the Year was announced, and they decided that you are the person of the year. Yes. You. Well, no...not YOU, the person behind you. Yeah, you.

Confused? Haven't read the article, but apparently there's something about blogging, and webpages, and all that. Personally, I'm not convinced. I think computer's are just a fad. I mean seriously...if you think computers are here to stay, let me introduce you to my pet rock, Reggie. (c;

My Person of the Year? Hmm....I don't know. I think....well, it would have to be George W. Bush. The man is, I think, single handedly responsible for my increasingly Democrat-like views and positions, and for those of you who knew me in high school, that's no small feat right there. Close runners-up? Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Amacrazyguy from Iran for giving the boogey man a run for his money, and the monster's in my closet a chance for a vacation while these two nuts run the business. Sheesh.

Books? Recently read Speaking with the Angel, by Nick Hornby. Interesting book....it's a collection of short stories by various authors, including Colin Firth, who, I didn't know was an author. Anyway, it's registered at www.bookcrossing.com, but I'm offering it to the first of my readers who wants. Only catch? Gotta pass it on. (c;

This weekend? Was great. Bibi's family came in to town for her graduation, and we all went out for dinner. Bibi and I made waffles the next day (Saturday) for her family and my mom and stepdad who also came down. Went to the ceremony, and then went out for Chinese food. (Yum!!!) Sunday was relaxing, Bibi and I played cards A LOT and finished up some chores around the house. Last night I "was" Santa Claus for some coworkers' kids. It was a LOT of fun.

And, today was good. We've got two and a half days of school left, and we're all VERY excited about the break. (c; Oh, and for an hour and 20 minutes tonight? On the line with iTunes tech support fixing a ridiculously easy problem, that took FOREVER to identify. The problem? Needed to update my version of iTunes. Awesome. (c;

All right....now, I'm going to veg out and read "Swamp Fox: The Life and Campaigns of General Francis Marion". Good times....

Oh, and if you need the method for getting ahold of an actual real life human being at iTunes? I'll let you in on the secret if you e-mail me...(c;

Til next time, faithful readers...

Adieu...and thanks for stopping by.

Tommy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You didn't hand out any sexual favors, did you?

Gross, Tommy...Gross.

Chuck said...

Wait! Tommy's handing out sexual favors! I'm in! AWESOME!

And for those of you who didn't know Tommy in high school, he was a stark raving crazy republician. But then again, so were Kevin and I. Come on, it was the 90's. We didn't know what was going on!

Unknown said...

That's right, Tommy. Chuck and I can now tag-team your blog!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Make with the damn posts! We need a little post...NOW!

~matt