Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday

Hey ya'll! Well, winter has officially struck in the midwest. We came back from Christmas Break on Tuesday, and Wednesday and Thursday were called off due to inclement weather. We came back today, which was almost silly, but the kids have been fantastic.

So, over the last few days I've been reading, relaxing, and watching a lot of DVD's. I got the Series Freaks and Geeks for Christmas, and I'm watching that. It was a fantastic show. I also got the fifth season of the Simpson's, and that's been great, too. I rented Napolean Dynomite last night, and I gotta be honest, I really don't see what all the fuss was about. It was ok, but not this masterpiece that everyone says it was.

So, yesterday, at the coffee shop, i finally worked up the nerve to ask this girl that I've been chatting with there out on a date. Well, it was movie scene-esque. She got up to leave, waived good-bye to me, I paused...took a deep breathe and ran outside after her. I called to her, "Hey, so-and-so..."...she turned, I smiled, and said, "hey, what are you doing for dinner tonight?" She smiled and said, "I"m going home to my boyfriend." And I, the quick wit that I am, responded, "Hey, have fun with that."

Ugh.

Well, more later! I'm working at the restaurant this weekend, and I'm getting my car worked on tomorrow. As I look around my classroom right now, it really is good to be back. I LOVE this job...it's awesome.

Peace out!

No comments: