Thursday, January 20, 2005

sorry!

So, yeah, leave it to something like a blog to show you just how boring your life REALLY is. So, for all of you who are keeping up with me by reading this...I apologize. Man, I need to get out there and do more...STUFF!

All right, so it's been a week, and in that time VERY little has happened. An old friend sent me a new CD, which is great, and I LOVED it. It's of a band from Philadelphia that is really good, and I had the opportunity to hang out with last summer.

I've been hanging out with friends lately, but we've not done anything to exciting. I've been reading a lot lately (but that's not new). Oh, just a heads up, if you've not been to the website www.bookcrossing.com, you really should. It's awesome.

I did some thinking over the past couple of days, and I've decided not to go on my roadtrip this summer. I really don't have the money, and it would be really irresponsible of me (darn it!) so I'm going to post pone it. My check book and my dog will thank me, I'm sure.

It's funny how quickly things can change...yesterday was fantastic, I woke up and came to school all smiles, and had just an amazing day. Today, well, it started the same, but right before school, I found out that one of my kids had been making racial comments to another student...I know I live in the middle of rural America, and that should unfortunately not be that surprising, but it really was! This is a good kid, and it really just killed me to know that he had been doing it. However, I really didn't have to come down to hard on him, as he really didn't know what he was saying...so I just explained, in no uncertain terms, what it was he was ACTUALLY saying, and he felt really bad, so hopefully, the problem is solved. Ugh.

Well, hopefully more later, and I'll try not to wait over a week next time! (c;

Tommy

No comments: