Wednesday, April 12, 2006

pain in the....back....

So, I woke up today, feeling pretty damn good. My back felt great, and I felt fine. I was going to go sans coffee today, in order to kind of facilitate cleaning out my system. Everything was going fine...head was good, class was good, everything aces...until after lunch...just shortly after lunch.

Up until then, I have to admit my pain, on a scale of 1-10 had been at most a 5. I thought it was bad, but in retrospect, given what I know now about pain, it was AT MOST a 5. We were playing a spelling game after lunch, and I started having this intense stabbing sensations in my back...and, within five minutes, I was almost on the floor...I swear, I held the tears back until I went out in the hall. (Then they flowed like wine.) I got a sub, Bibi picked me up, and we took me to the hospital. There I had multiple tests done, x-rays, etc, all so that the doctor could tell me:

I have one leg that is longer than the other one. This, in turn, has set my spine off kilter from my pelvis, which in turn led to me crying like a little girl.

However, they gave me some kind of pain medicine that is one step down from morphine, so I feel fine now. (c; (mmm....happy tommy....)

Oh, and my new addiction "Deal or No Deal" was good tonight.

That's all.

Oh, and Bibi and I are going to KC this weekend for her sister's birthday, and some wedding stuff. It'll be good to get out of town for a bit, and I don't have school Friday, so that'll make the weekend extra sweet.

All right, more later...

Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! No coffee?! Who are you and what did you do to Tommy? The Tommy I know would never do such a thing as give up coffee!