Thursday, October 19, 2006

Greetings, beloved Readers....

Hello, and welcome to another post by....well, me.

Things have been well, since last we spoke at length.

I believe it was almost a week and a half ago, right?

Well, last week went well. Friday night Bibi was working on her capstone, so I went to a concert at a local establishment, and a good time was had by all. Some very dear friends mocked my reticence at admitting I was no longer a Republican. (As my favorite teacher from high school said, I was a republican in the original sense of the word, as in...a fan of the "republic".)

Saturday Bibi and I hung out, watched a movie, etc. Sunday, I got up and read, relaxed, and over all enjoyed the day.

This week has been good. It's funny...Parent Teacher Conference time always looms over my head as some frightening inevitability, and as always, goes unbelievably well. Had a great time, got to know my students, via their parents, a lot better. And, that's a good thing.

I'm sitting here in my house, in my gorgeous rocking chair (thanks, Gary!!!!) watching Leo sit on another chair (no, Mom, Leo's not allowed on the rocking chair!) chewing on his bone. He's a good pup. Bibi is in class right now, and I'm looking forward to the long weekend--we don't have school tomorrow b/c of the long day today. So, that's cool.

So, I'd love to keep the discussion from last time going...but, instead of knocking other people's candidates, how 'bout we just brag on our own candidates? I'd love it if our political discussions were smear free, you know?

Anyhow, I'm going to close with a quote from one of my favorite movies:

And, so life goes.
And so love goes.
And, so I go.

Carry on my brother. Carry on.

2 comments:

Guinness said...

And what movie is that? ;)

Tommy Estlund said...

The Last Time I Committed Suicide.