Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mulligan for Tommy

Yeah, that's what I call yesterday. I get a do-over. For those of you who don't know, NaBloPoMo is National Blog Posting Month, in which people who are overly optimistic and have no realistic sense of their own schedule, commit to posting once a day, every day, for the whole month of November.

Me?

I last two days.

So, I call Mulligan. I get to start over. It's pretty neat when you make up your own rules.

Anyway, so yesterday was the first Saturday in a long time that Bibi and I didn't have anything pressing we had to do...we were going to have dinner with some friends, but he got sick (which was good, b/c I wasn't feeling all that well, either) and so we ended up getting tons of stuff done around the house, and still finding time to watch lots of Soprano's on DVD. (Bibi loves the show, and I'm learning to love it; it's quite good, actually.)

And today we got up and had breakfast with Bibi's parents after I watched Fred Thompson look like a deer in the headlights on Meet the Press. Dave, I know you think he's going to get the nomination, but...seriously, what the hell, man? I honestly don't think he evern knew what Tim Russert was asking half the time, let alone what the answers should have been. But that's just me.

This afternoon Bibi and I made chilli and cornbread, and had my sister over for an early dinner. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I do make a damn good chilli, if I do say so myself. (And, incidently, I do.) Actually, the only thing better than my chilli, is Bibi's cornbread. So, yeah, it's a pretty darn good meal. (I have no idea why I decided to censor myself there, and nowhere else....strange, isn't it?)

Anyway, the last thing I want to comment on here is that tonight while walking Leo, we got ourselves another dog. Well, atleast for now. This beautiful brindle dog came flying out of nowhere, about half way through our route. At first, I'll admit, I was afraid...I was petrified...sorry, anyway, it was kind of scary, this brindle boxer/pit-bull animal came flying at me, and it started jumping around Leo. Now, my neighborhood is notorious for allowing their dogs to run free and loose. It pisses me off, to be honest. I live about half a block from a MAJOR thoroughfare, and we see TOO many dead animals along it to let our dog roam free. So, as I was saying, this dog runs at Leo and me, starts jumping around, and I got mad. I looked at the houses around where I was, and practically shouted "what the hell is wrong with this neighborhood?!" (My sister volunteers for animal cops and tells us horror stories about people mistreating--to put it mildly--their pets, and allowing your pet to run free this close to Sterling, really got me riled up). Well, I looked at him, and I realized that he was really playful, and quite sweet. So, I said to him, "Sit", and he did! So, I started walking back towards our house, and I said one time, "come!" and he followed me all the way home. I showed him to Bibi, and she agreed that it would be horrible to let him just run loose, so we put Leo's kennel in the garage, (we don't know if he has fleas or not) and tomorrow after work I'll take him to a vet to see if he has been microchipped. In the meantime, he's cute as a bug in a run, and very well-mannered. (I'm going to try and convince Bibi we should be able to keep him...shh! Don't tell her!! Oh, and, Bibi...if you're reading this...ignore that last part!!!)

All right, well, that's how our weekend was...how was yours?

Tommy

No comments: