Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Night Lights

So, I have to concur with JNo about the media portrayal of the presidential election; although, I would have to go on to say that it's not just the media, but the whole election process. At first I was excited about this election being between the rock stars of the political realm (Guiliani, Clinton, Obama, Edwards, and eventually Fred Thompson. However, I'm now seeing the error of my hopes; I no longer want some rock star to be running; I want someone who really has something to say, and isn't afraid to say it. There are things I like a whole lot about Obama, but he's really just not getting where he needs to be...I think my dad is right, and he probably should have waited til 2012; he would have had more experience, and I think he would have just been a whole lot more savy all around.

At this point, I really want somebody unexpected to jump out there and WOW us with depth and content, as well as poise and dignity. (It seems to me that the Repub's have "calm and collected" down, and the Dem's have "passionate and whiny" down. Gotta change that.)

So, we are less than a year away...and only a few weeks (well, 7 0r 8 til the first primaries, anyway) from the primaries...should we stop talking/thinking/hearing about next year's election, or should we get all into a frenzy?

You tell me...

Thanks!

Tommy

1 comment:

JNo said...

Have you checked out Ron Paul's website - he may be your guy as far as dignity and all that. Interesting read. I want the "sparknotes" version of what the candidates are about without regard to their shoes, haircuts, coloration, sex, and all that.