Monday, December 06, 2004

Definitely a Monday

Today has been a Monday...it's been dreary, drizzly, and autumnal--all in a non serene kind of way. In discussing the day with another teacher, I've found that both of us were a little short with our students. I feel bad when that happens because they're so good. However, even as a Monday, my students did great work today. We have two tests tomorrow, so that means the day will not be very tasking on me, which you know, is nice.
I'm still struggling with separating my classes out. I have had three distinct groups of students, each one filled with unique, challenging and exciting students...and it's difficult to understand that while I know what I want from my class and for my class after three years, my students now are not that familiar...I can't expect them to respond like classes prior to this one. (For some, that's a good thing.) It's a life lesson, I guess...and one that I will probably continue learning for some time. At least until I get it right.
Making chilli tonight for dinner...mmmm....chilli.

Later.

No comments: