Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Hump Day

Well, today was an awesome day. I got up a little later than I usually do, but I got to school with plenty of time to check my e-mail and to do my normal morning routine. I graded both of my tests from yesterday, and my kids did great, which is always a good feeling. Social Studies was especially good today...I made up an analogy for the French and Indian War that utilized Brian Regan's "calling the back seat" bit. I know, it doesn't seem to connect, but trust me, it did, and the kids laughed--and more importanly--they understood.

I'm kind of getting a bit of the holiday stress lately...I usually love the holidays, music, trees, etc, but the financial obligations are just so pervasive...I mean, you gotta donate to this fund, and you gotta give this person that thing, and that person this thing, and well, I understand that it's good to give of yourself, but I'd like to not feel guilty for putting some money into the "grocery" fund, and the "gas-so-Tommy-can-get-to-work" fund. You know, luxuries like those. (c;

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing night at home. I'm going to kick back, read a little and go to bed at some odd hour like...oh, I don't know...six sounds good. Later.

Tommy

No comments: