Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hey ya'll!

All right, so...sorry for the vague-ness of my post yesterday, but rest assured (in case any of you were up all night pondering it) that all is well.

Anyway, something kind of cool just happened, and I wanted to post on it...one of the things I teach my students about is different strategies for studying vocabulary. I have been focusing on Cornell Notes (thanks Mr. Henderson!!) and flashcards. Well, today I was giving the students time in class to create either of these study tools for the present chapter. Two of my girls, immediately after I had the students start working, asked what they should do. I said, "well, you should work on the assignment I've given you." They both looked at each other, and then said, "but we did these last night!" They had ALREADY made the study tool, because they had found it useful!!! yeah!!!!!!!

Good feeling, good feeling. Oh, and I'll probably post more about yesterday's post later. (c;

Thanks for reading...
Tommy

No comments: