Friday, February 10, 2006

Musical tastes...

I've been listening to some random collections of music lately...and here's what I've decided.

I like happy music. I like 'upbeat' music, melody-wise. Songs like Wonderful, by Everclear, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve (I think?!), 100 years by Five for Fighting, Beautiful Day by U2, and of course, Baba O'Reilly by the Who. Songs that get you pumped, songs that have that unknow quality that just gets the old heart beating a bit faster, puts a smile on your face, and a bit of a strut in your step. I don't know what it is, exactly, about those songs...but man, those and a few others just get me going like NOTHING else. I'm ready to take on anything, to do my thang, as it were. I'm listening to Jack and Diane right now, waiting for the kids to come back to the room, and that's another one. (c;

It's gonna be a good day.

tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No mention of the Happy Polka?? I'm saddened!!!

girlski said...

tommy, have you ever read a book that you didn't like?

every book you read you say you LOVED it... just wondering if you've found one that you didn't LOVE!