Saturday, February 11, 2006

Yesterday

So, yesterday something cool happened. I don't know if you remember, faithful reader, that at the start of the day, even before my students were in the room, I was prepared for a good day. I had listened to my 'good day' music, and was pumped.

Well, during the morning routine, I decided to tell my students that it was going to be a good day. I told them that it was entirely possible to wake up and just decide that the day was going to be a good one.

Jump to Social Studies. After our last test--which, in all honesty--SUCKED, I had really upped the effort in this chapter; we took the test yesterday, and we discussed it when everyone was done. I asked them what they had thought of it, and one student raised her hand and said, "well, some of the questions were kind of fun to answer....like, I knew a lot about the question, so I could really write a lot and that was fun." HOW COOL IS THAT?! I just smiled and said, "who remembers what I said at the start of the day? It's a good day!!!"

ok...that's all.

Tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! that's so cool. i can picture the little light bulb going off over her head... (c:

Jen said...

I agree that you can decide that. Good for you and good for her!