Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Kirby

Today is a sad day. It's a sad day for baseball, for America, and for me. Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins great, died yesterday, one day after having a stroke. The reason this is so striking, is that when I was growing up, one of the things I remember so vividly is watching the Twins playin the world series with my dad. I still have The Twin's Homer Hankie from '87. My dad let me stay up late just to see the Twins play, and Kirby was our favorite player. In fact, my dad's Golden Retriever is named Kirby, in honor of Puckett.

He will be missed.

3 comments:

Stace said...

He was true class...

Anonymous said...

I remember Kirby the dog! And remwember when you came over to my house after my dog died? Awww what a friend!

Kirbyyyyyyyy Puckett!

I will always remember the announcer announcing him and his little bubble butt running around the bases!

Jen said...

Dana Reeves died too. Sad day.