Monday, March 20, 2006

today

Well, we just had a "distinguished guest" in my classroom...the honorable president of our local university came to our classroom to see our 7 wonders of kirksville project. It was cool...the students--entirely on their own--spoke about the wonders of the CDC (now defunct, thanks) and the theatre department (which is basically being shat upon regularly.)

It was quite heart-warming to see. (c;

Oh, and here are my 7 wonders of kirksville...

1. The window seat at Java Co. (Left hand side, facing the square.)
2. The steps of Kirk Memorial building.
3. The "fort" at the old school building adjacent to Centennial Hall.
4. The house on Jefferson Street where I used to sit on the porch drinking iced tea with Souther Comfort with Brendan and Brad.
5. Rainbow Basin.
6. The lounge in the 300's of MO Hall, where I spent so much time my freshman year.
7. My classroom. It's where I learned what teaching meant, where I learned so many lessons about life, and love, and human nature, and most importantly...where I met the love of my life.

Oh, crap, that sounds REALLY bad. My fiance, Bibi...we met when she was observing in my classroom. Yikes....gotta be careful how I put that, eh? (c;

All right...

later!
Thanks for reading...
Tommy

Oh, weather report says 5-10 inches of snow....here's to hoping....

No comments: