Tuesday, December 06, 2005

school dayze

So, things are winding up toward a screeching end of the semester. I'm moving this Saturday. Thursday night, the fifth grade is putting on their musical program (a review of the last five decades of music...guess who's playing Elvis?--I had to learn the words to Teddy Bear), and Friday night I'm playing Santa Claus for the kids of a few of my coworkers. That'll be fun...I did it last year, and it was a good time.

However, the coolest thing that's coming up in the next few weeks, as far as school, is my class Christmas party. Instead of having a gift exchange, we're going to raise donations for the local Humane Society. Then, the day before break, we take a field trip out to the Humane Society, and play with all the animals for a hour or so. It's a really cool way to focus on someone (or something) other than themselves this time of year, and besides, it's good for the animals, as well as the kids. (I think there were a couple of adoptions after last years trip.

Oh, and we have a small Christmas program the day before break, where we sing carols, and have a rolicking good time. Last year, during Frosty the Snowman, I dressed up in a Frosty costume and came out dancing and prancing around the gym. The kids LOVED it. Well, this year, the kids are learning a song, "Skateboarding Santa." So, yours truly is indeed going to be dressed as Santa...and I'm going to SKATEBOARD around the gym. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully someone will be videotaping, so there will be documentation of the exact moment I break my head.

Oh, and as far as books? Still reading "I Know This Much is True", and so far it's GREAT. Really, really enjoying it. Oh...and it's snowing out...so it's absolutely beautiful.

Ok...well, have a great day...and thanks for reading.

One final note...I was asked where I'm moving to...well, lucky me...I'm moving to a house about four blocks from my coffee shop. (c; (You should see the contented smile on my face....)

Bye!

2 comments:

girlski said...

oh, to be able to walk to Java.. i'm so jealous!

Jen said...

Awesome-- that means you can also walk to MY house, Tommy!

Your trip to the Humane Society sounds awesome. I'd offer to go with your class, but I can't. I am not allowed to get anymore animals. But maybe I could come in to your class and make a donation?