Friday, December 02, 2005

update

So, in response to the question of what book I was thinking about dropping; it was "The Majority Rules", by...oh, I don't know...some judge...Eugene? I don't know. Well, I finished it. The story was great, but the writing was subpar. The author MAY have been trying to use repetition for effect, but came across very poorly. It seemed like he was afraid that his audience might not follow, so, he beats you over the head with important "subtleties." (Unfortunately, subtlety was not his strong suit either!)

However, like I said, the story was good. All about case-rigging in the U.S. Court of Appeals, murder, intrigue, etc. Good story.

So, now I'm reading "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. So far, it's GREAT! I don't want to get too much into describing it yet, but it's really captivating so far.

Ok...well, tonight's my first Friday night not working at the Spaz that I'm in Kville, and I'm looking forward to it. Bibi finished her Senior Seminar class yesterday for one of her majors, and that went really well, so we're probably going to celebrate a bit. Good times.

Thanks for reading...
Tommy

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I LOVED that book! I read it in one day!