Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Time

So, I opened up my class Christmas presents today. One of my students wrote a poem for me, and rolled it up as if it were a scroll. I will copy it here, for your enjoyment...

'Twas the Day Before Christmas Break...

'Twas the day before Christmas Break,
And all through the room,
Not a face showed unhappiness, not even some gloom.
For Mr. Estlund was their teacher, so funny and cool.
He was the best teacher they'd had, the best in the school.
Mr. Estlund at his desk, and us in our seat,
We'd just settled down, for a party no one could beat.
When out in the hall, there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from our seats to see what was the matter.
When what to our wondering eyes should appear,
But a man in a suit, standing so near.
"May I come to your party?" he asked with some zest,
"With Mr. Estlund as your teacher, it's always the best!"
"Yes!" We all cried, "Mr Estlund's one of a kind,
He teaches us well, he fills up our minds!"
So we partied together, a right happy bunch,
With cookies to eat and popcorn to munch.
And I heard him exclaim as he flew out of sight,
"Oh Captain, my Captain,
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"

I really liked that. (c;

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and to all a peaceful and loving New Year!

Thanks for reading....

Tommy

No comments: