Wednesday, August 02, 2006

an amendment....ah, a few provisos....

I have to amend my prior post about "The Devil in the White City." No, I'm not changing my mind on how good this book is; I just feel that it would only be fair to warn people that, towards the end of the book...it gets a bit....creepy. Twain was correct, "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."

The subtitle of the book, which I failed in my last post to include is, "Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America". Not to put too fine a point on it, but, well, it couldn't be more true.

So, go ahead and read the book, but be forewarned....it gets creepy.

Anybody have any other books that are surprisinly creepy?

(Oh, and thanks Brad...for pointing out my typos...(c; But shame on you for not catching my GLARING typo on my post for July 25th: Ya'll come back now, ya here? I DO know the difference between hear and here.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that we're talkin' typos. here's another one you missed.

when you say write ya'll, know that it should be written as "y'all" as its a contraction of "you" and "all". The "ou" get deleted and replaced by the apostrophe(sp?). head's up. i'll give you a call this afternoon.

Jared Latore said...

Thank you!! I am so glad you liked it!

And for creepy books, I recommend anything by Thomas "I wrote Silence of the Lambs" Harris.