Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm takin' what they're given cuz I'm workin' for a livin....

Well, what a difference a day makes, you know? Friday night Bibi and I rented a couple of DVD's, ate dinner, and went to bed. At 7:30. At night. It was awesome. Holy crap, it was nice.

Got up early Saturday morning, made some coffee, and while Bibi was at work, I cleaned the house. (Yes, to all of my family members, you read that right, and no, it wasn't a typo. I cleaned. The house. All of it.) Then I read some more and finished the book on Apocalyptic literature; (it was very good....I'd recommend it.)

I then started a book by Bill Bryson called "In A Sunburned Country" about his travels through Australia. It's official. I wanna go.

After Bibi came home, we went to Hastings a local book store. Why, you ask? Well, we wanted very badly to look at books on different dog breeds. We have been talking about it, and we realize that we really want to get another dog. So, we are looking, and so far we're looking at quite a few different ones, but nothing for certain so far. So, there you go.

On a somewhat sad note, my beloved Captain, the statue of a sea captain that sits on my desk in my classroom, was completely by accident knocked from my desk this afternoon. He has been through quite a few years, quite a few miles, and has been in who knows how many locations...but, alas, he was unable to survive the fall. The captain...he is no more. )c; (Sniff....sniff.)

So, how was everyone else's weekend? And, back to the Bryson book....I love travelogues....any recommendations?

Thanks for stopping by!

Tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a greyhound!

Anonymous said...

Tommy, I assume you've already read Bryson's "Lost Continent"?

Hard to go wrong with his stuff.