Monday, August 14, 2006

Things that make you go Hmmmmm...

All right! Hey, how's it going?

So, I REALLY didn't know that I would get that kind of response, when I decided to write about the current situation in the Middle East. I really dig the feed back, and I love that people have left some really intelligent and thoughtful comments.

I do want to clarify, however, that I was NOT, well...at least I was not INTENDING to align myself with either side. I have to say, I agree with Kelli when I say that both sides have done considerable harm as well as considerable good. It's really not simple, and there are definitely no easy answers.

I would, however, like to open up this blog formally for any other ideas or thoughts that people have. I'd love to hear 'em!

This past weekend Bibi and I went to Bloomington, Il for a friend's wedding. It was an excellent time. We're back now, and I'm back in the classroom, working on getting ready for the school year, which officially begins a week from tomorrow. (That's Tuesday.) We've got construction going on, so it looks like a disaster area. Hopefully, the school will be ready. (And, um....hopefully, I will be ready....)

Oh, and I finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. It was good. Very good. The book had an interesting structure....it was like a comic book in prose form. In comic books, the author has no limit to how much time occurs between frames...it can be the next second, or years later. It can be the same moment from a different perspective, or it can be five minutes before. The comic book character's background can be filled in through flashbacks, or it can be filled in in pieces throughout.

All of these techniques were present, as well as numerous others, and it made for an exceptionally interesting book.

Anybody know of any other books that have a uniqe structure, that add to the enjoyment of the book?

All right...more later!

Thanks for reading....

Tommy

No comments: