Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Insert Amusing Title Here....

Well, today was the first day of the rest of my....um, well...it was the first day of the rest of the school year....that's what it was. And, it was great. Good times were had by all. I've got a great group of kids, and I have an idea of where I want to take them, and I've got a plan for how to get there. (And, knowing...is half the battle!)

Bibi and I have been enjoying ourselves, after work as well. Last night, after I met all the parents, we sat on the porch and chatted for awhile, then we went for a walk around campus. (It was REALLY funny seeing all the freshman walking around, seeing everything through their eyes....it was funny, just because it seems like SUCH a long time ago. (c;)

Other than that, things are going really well. I'm just very much enjoying myself, and things are good.

I finished both of the Pirates! books, and they were hilarious. Just good mindless fun. Well, actually not all that mindless...there are random and informative footnotes on nearly every page to inform the reader about Pirate lore in oldentimes. They're quite amusing. And educational!

I'm going to start a book now about pop culture and how it affects our view of certain philosophical questions. It mentions....well, actually, I just got up and grabbed the book, so it's actually called, "Everyday Apocalypse: The Sacred Revealed in Radiohead, the Simpson's, and other Pop Culture Icons". So, instead of "philosophy" it deals with the Sacred. Cool.

Alright, well, I'm going to get back to my wife now....you all have a great night....oh, and I wanted to ask...the "Pirates!" books are just mindless fun....does anyone have any suggestions for similar books?

Thanks for stopping by...
Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the Simpsons Philosophy book (The D'oh of Homer) if you want to read it sometime. I also have a great "locale" murder mystery book, written by a Minnesotan, called "Things In Ditches." I also highly recommend the Jimmy Buffett book "Where Is Joe Merchant?"
Not really "mindless" but good books nonetheless. I shouldn't talk though, I'm in the middle of about 5 books right now...