Thursday, January 26, 2006

Better

Hey ya'll! How we doing this morning? Good? Glad to hear it!

Well, I'm much better now. Nothing like a night of relaxing and spending time with friends and loved ones to make things appear better....my rebound time for devastating news is apparently one day, cuz man I feel good. I'm going to KC this weekend to hang with one of my best friends, have some good times in the KC, you know.

All right. Hope you're all doing well. I've got the song "you say it best, when you say nothing at all" going through my head; it's from the Mellowing Out with JNo soundtrack. Good stuff, JNo. Good stuff.

Had some time to read last night, and I got up to about the middle of LBJ's presidency. Good stuff. Although, it struck me as odd...if you were to ask me about the most important president in the last hundred years, I would automatically think Kennedy. I don't know why that is, but it seems like everyone I know that is somewhat older than me always thinks back to that time as the pinnacle of life in these United States. I think the bookspent half a page on his entire tenure. (No, I exaggerate...it was three quarters of a page.) But seriously, put in context of the entire period of time from Reconstruction up to the Second Bush Presidency, Kennedy was just one small part of the whole. Maybe this is all no-brainer stuff to you guys, but it was noteworthy to me. So. There. (c;

So, drop me a line and let me know how your Thursday is going.

Thanks for reading...
Tommy

No comments: