Tuesday, January 10, 2006

moodiness

So, unfortunately, sometimes I can be moody. Duh, right? No big surprise there. The thing that I don't like about my moodiness, is that sometimes--entirely unintentionally--it can leak into my job. If I'm having a bad day, or I'm just tired, or I'm just not in a great mood, sometimes the little things the student can do, that normally would be absolutely fine, and would not provoke any kind of negative reaction from me, cause me to be very irate and short with them. I feel really bad about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I yell at my class, (I find it a very ineffective method of discipline) and I'm never mean to them....but I just get short-tempered and a bit snappy. Ugh. I guess today's just one of those days. I think I'll pop some Hendrix into the CD player on the drive home. Either that or the Who. Yeah. The Seeker. Loud. Maybe I'll drive a little out of the way just so's I can play the whole song. Hmmm.....

blah.

Thanks for reading....

tommy

1 comment:

Jen said...

What? You're not perfect? Man. I am so disappointed.

Damn.

You are still OUR favorite teacher. And that is NOT an exaggeration. And we have LOTS to choose from in this house.