Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Update Monday

Hey ya'll! So, this weekend was good. I went to Kansas City Friday night, and it was a fun time. Went out to a couple of different establishments, and my friend and I enjoyed ourselves, immensely. Good times were had by all. Drove back Saturday and Bibi and her roommate, her roommate's boyfriend and I all made vegetarian lasagna. It was AWESOME!!! (Thanks for the cookbook Sarah, it's AWESOME!!!!)

Yesterday went to Java Co, and that was fun. Bibi had some work to do, and finished my book. Yeah, I think the process of me officially becoming a dork has been finalized. I read a History TEXTbook for FUN. Who DOES that?! Ugh. I remember making fun of a guy I went to high school with, because he read math books for fun...so, you know, at least I'm not that bad. Um...yet.

Now I'm reading this REALLY interesting book called "For the Time Being". Now, as some of you know, I don't read the backs of books, so I go into them completely unbiased. So, I'm not positive yet what the book is about, but so far its very intriguing. Here's a quote I found amusing...

"There are 1,198,500,000 people alive now in China. To get a feel for what this means, simply take yourself--in all your singularity, importance, complexity, and love--and multiply by 1,198,500,000. See? Nothing to it."

As for the rest of the book? Well, what I'm getting out of it is an interesting cross-section of different global time periods, as told by an isolated viewer...a "traveler" if you will. This traveler is observing, watching, and painting a vivid description of what our world looks like. It's almost like the connection between the three different women in "The Hours". It's about the mundane, the spectacular, the everyday common place, and the extraordinary, and how these things are all connected.

It's interesting.

Oh, Bibi and I are really excited...this Saturday marks the first anniversary of our 1st date, and we're going to reenact it. We're going to Java Co, and then we're going to walk around the square, and then we're going to watch Garden State. Good times!!

Thanks for reading ya'll...
Tommy

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww, that is very cool about the date.

And my favorite thing in the book is about the dwarf children, and her saying to God, "What is up with that?"