Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend Update--

Hey ya'll! Had a good weekend. Actually, it was pretty great. We were supposed to have a Trivia Night for the school district, but it was cancelled due to inclement weather. So, Bibi and I ordered in Chinese food, and had a nice RELAXING night. It was good. Woke up Saturday and we went to Java Co for a while. That was good. Hung out with friends. Saturday evening we had some of Bibi's roommates' sorority sisters over to my house for an improptu shindig, which was fun. Then a bunch of us went out to a pub here in town (Bibi and I walked!!!) and hung out. Afterwards, we went back to my house and had some more people over.

So, here's why that all was noteworthy. One of Bibi's friends had a friend with him. Now, Bibi and I are very gracious hosts (I'd like to think) and this guy walks in and just IMMEDIATELY exudes haughty disrespect and condescending rudeness. Case in point? He walks in, I introduce myself to Bibi's friend, and then I say, "hey, I"m Tommy. What's up, man? What's your name dude?" And he looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "my names not of consequence" and then smiles this damn self-satisfied smile. Then, he proceeds to mock and insult with subtlty. He was just really unpleasant, and he was mean to Bibi to boot! (Now, I would have no problem asking him to leave, or just saying something to him about the behavior, but Bibi is one tough lady, and she told him. It was cool. (c;)

Yesterday was Java Co, then laundry, and I read all day. Oh, Grey's Anatomy was good.

So, as I've said, I'm reading this history book, and I'm really enjoying it. Yesterday I read the chapters leading from the Depression up to, and including World War II. Earlier in the year I read one of Bibi's books from another class, called Ghost Soldiers, about a real-life prison break during WWII. Now, reading about the entire war, has again put that into context. Ghost Soldier's focused--as you would imagine--on the soldiers in the prison camp, and the US administration's response to their plight. Very little time, if any, was spent on what was going on in Europe, or other parts of the Pacific Theatre. So, reading the chapters yesterday kind of put into a different perspective the decisions that US leaders had to make. It's kind of neat to read the two books close together. It's kind of like when you look at a map? Sometimes you see the whole state/country, and there's an enclosed portion that is then brought out and focused on in detail. So, reading this history book now, I get to see the bigger picture, and having read Ghost Soldiers, I was able to read about the fight that a relatively small group of men went through. Good times.

Ok. I've gotten one reader's life soundtrack. Listened to it alot over the weekend and the end of last week. So, what are you all waiting for? Get burning!!! (Um...CD's that is...don't burn anything else....)

Thanks for reading...
Tommy

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, I'll have to give you my soundtrack...