Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thanks Kirby

So, tonight after school, Bibi and I were planning on making dinner together. I was all excited, because we were having Frito Pie. When I called her to ask what all I need to get at the store, she told me that she was enjoying a "vacuum demonstration." I chuckled, and said, "ok." And thought it'd be over by the time I got there. Ha. Those @#$%er's stayed for like 19 hours. Ok, it was more like 3, but when they said it'd take 30 minutes tops, that's just regoldarndiculous.

I felt really smug though, because it was the least original presentation EVER. It was SO text book bad-movie-cliche dime-story cheesy salesmanship, that it was literally laughable. I had to leave the room every five minutes so as to not insult the saleman. It was just plain bad. They tried to ingratiate themselves to me, like I was the man of the house (it was Bibi's house) and they were acting all buddy buddy. Finally the guy was like, "you know what? I'm gonna take $1100 off the price, and give it to you for $29 a month." I'm like, "all right...I tell you what...you give me a phone number to call you, and if we can get that price, we'll talk it over and call you in a couple of days." There was a tense moment when all three of the salesmen (yeah, it was a "team effort") were waiting for the boss' word, and he said, "well, I'm not supposed to do that...but, for you...ok". They left, and Bibi looked at me. I looked at her. We threw the number away. ANYTHING to get the guys outta here.

Damn. That's ALL I'm saying. So, to all those people out there making money off selling things door-to-door? NO! At least don't make it look like a bad Lifetime movie, ok? Sheesh.

Thanks for letting me vent...
Tommy

1 comment:

Jen said...

Next thing you know, she'll let in the Mormons. I'd keep an eye on that if I were you.