Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Humpty Day...

Hey ya'll! Well, Bibi and I made it back to Kville after an unbelievably relaxing weekend. We got to KC saturday, and hung out with Bibi's family and watched the World Cup game, which was cool. Then we played Vengence (the greatest card game ever) for a while. (I've gotten Bibi--and now her whole family addicted--thanks Dan and Matt for teaching me!)

We went over to my sis's house, and had a great time just relaxing and hanging out. We had good food, watched Memoir's of a Geisha, and slept in really, really late Sunday. (Ahhhhhh....) I wanted to wait and not watch the movie til after I'd read the book, but it was pretty good.

I took a book by Brett Easton Ellis with me, and--to be perfectly honest--could NOT get into it. I hate giving up on a book, but man...just couldn't do it. So, now I"m reading a biography of Paul Revere, which is good so far. (All of 3 pages.)

Sunday night we went back to Bibi's and hung out some more. We started watching True Romance with her fam, and man that's a great movie! Brad Pitt is freakin' GREAT in it. It's an excellent movie written by Quentin Tarrantino, so you should all check it out.

Went mini golfing with some friends in KC, and that was fun. Funny side note: anyone else ever witnessed a mini-golf accident that required the paramedics to come? I have. (c;

Monday morning we had breakfast with some other friends and then....Monday night...I got to see my very first Minnesota Twin's baseball game....it was GREAT! They, of course, kicked ass. (c; It was good times.

Tuesday, the fourth, Bibi's dad and I went to get fireworks for Bibi's little sister, and then we watched some more World Cup. I also got to read portions of a book that Bibi's mom is working on, which was absolutely excellent. It was neat seeing how she writes, and man does she have a knack for turning a phrase. It was absorbing, compelling, and fantastic story-telling. I'll let you all know about publishing dates so that you can all buy the first printing. (c;

Tuesday night we went to a park in Lee's Summit to watch the fireworks, and it was an unexpectedly great sight...the park was on a bit of a hill, which meant that we could see about 20 other major shows going on in the distance as we waited for the Lee's Summit show to begin. I've never seen something like that before...it was really cool.

Pet Peeve: Would someone please explain to me the logic in showing up hours before a 30 minute fireworks show, only to leave ten minutes into the program to "beat the traffic", and inadvertently (sp?!) obstructing everyone's view with your DAMN headlights?!

This morning Bibi and I woke up much later than we had planned and had breakfast with Bibi's dad and little sister. Then we got on the road, laden down with tubs of Cholay, (which if you haven't had, what the hell are you waiting for?!) some of the things we didn't have room for after the wedding and all the flowers from the wedding. Now we're relaxing and getting ready for some Chinese food. Mmmm....good times.

All right ya'll....let me know who's out there....it's the "My Life" role call....leave me a comment to let me know who ACTUALLY reads this damn thing. (c;

Oh....favorite "Knock Knock joke of the day"

Knock Knock.
"who's there?"
Madame
"Madame who?"
Ma' damn foots stuck in the door...open up!!!

And...
Why was Tigger digging in the toilet?

Answer:
He was looking for Pooh.

(c;

Thanks for reading everyone...

Tommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read, Tommy! And so does Keri.

JNo said...

Hell - I've been reading and even left a really early happy birthday and invited you up to celebrate the end of summer school only to be totally blown off! sob! Anyway - glad the 4th was good and I've got NO IDEA what Cholay is.