Saturday, July 08, 2006

S...A...T-U-R...D-A-Y....NIGHT!!!!

Today's been one heck of a day.

Bibi and I were going to get up early and go to the Farmer's Market, but she was really sleepy, so I let her stay in bed, and I walked to the square. I picked up some really tasty tomatoes, and a dozen ear of corn. SWEET CORN?! Sweet!

I walked back and sat on the porch reading my Paul Revere book, sipping a really tasty cup of coffee (of course) and just enjoying a pleasant Saturday morning.

Around 11 I realized I wanted my "Hang-Over Special" for lunch. (No, I wasn't hung over, I just really like it in general.) So, I hopped on my bike and rode over to the grocery store and got some supplies.

Came back, Bibi had gotten up and she was going to work out with a friend. So, I relaxed, made a little lunch (saved the HOS for dinner with Bibi) and read some more on the porch. We cleaned up some after Bibi got back from working out, and then watched a movie. I then made some sweet-tea and sat outside for awhile (man I love me some sitting outside!!!) and then Bibi and I made dinner. It was SO good....Sweet Corn, roasted zuchinni in a lemon-butter sauce and the Hang-Over Special. Here it is, in all it's goodness...deceptively simple, and surprisingly tasty:
One loaf of crusty, chewy, thick sourdough bread
One Ripe Tomato
One hunk of Colby Jack cheese.

You slice the tomato into moderately thick slices and place them on a slice of the sourdough bread. (It should be about two to three slices of tomato per slice of bread.) Then you cut some slices of the colby jack onto the tomato.

Now, there are two variations:
ONE: If you are eating this concoction on morning where you're not feeling " too well", eat this cold. The bread can be toasted, but the cheese and the tomato should be cold.

TWO: Dinner or lunch, you can toast the whole thing, and it's pretty damn tasty. However, the tomato is the key; if it's not bursting with juices? Well, forget the whole thing and take two advil and a glass of water. (c;

Now? Bibi and I are playing cards and listening to some of our favorite music. It's been a great night! (c;

Thanks for reading you all....

Oh, Brandon and Keri...thanks for reading!!! I miss you guys!!!
JNo, I know...I feel BAD for not getting together with ya'll after the last day of school. And, thanks for the b-day wish!!! (c;
Sarah, thanks for reading every day!

Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I do read your blog everyday. so you've got another faithful reader :)
your sis-Amy