Friday, July 21, 2006

singin' in the rain

I'm sitting in the back room of our house, looking out the window, listening to my iPod watching the rain drizzle down through the post office parking lot. Bibi left this morning for the weekend, and I'm busy copying CD's to said iPod. It's fun. I'm also reading a whole lot. That is also fun. (c;

So, it's amazing, to me, the diverse subjects from which Dylan draws in his book....I mean, I never thought the guy was stupid, but they do say that weed kills brain cells, so I'm going to be totally honest when I say, 'holy crap! the guy is REALLY smart!!!'

He goes from discussing the applicability of ancient Greek and Roman philosophers to his reading newspapers from the 1850's so that he can better understand the language used by people from that timeperiod.

I just finished section where Dylan describes that mathematics that went into a major shift in his playing technique. It was massively and utterly confusing, yet highly interesting at the same time. He rattles off mathematical theories like it's a to-do list for a quiet fall morning dedicated to fixing up the house!

Wow...

thanks for reading....
Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy. I just read thru your blog-a-rifficness. I wish it had been in paper form so I could've taken it with me to the bathroom.

...in order to give it more attention. NOT so I could use it as toilet paper. I wouldn't do that.

...OR WOULD I?